Wednesday, November 11, 2009

WIPs Planning and Goals Update

The blanket is finished!  I will put up pictures as soon as I've washed and blocked the blanket (so probably later in the week).

I've been thinking about the number of WIPs I have and how that keeps me from focusing and more importantly finishing the projects.  So i was considering the idea of using slots for WIPs:

Sample knitting: Basketweave sock
Sock: nothing at the moment (using the slot for OFA scarf)
Whatever: Aeolian shawl
Long-term: should be the barn raising blanket (using the slot for the cashmere scarf)

I don't know how practical this method is or how much it will help me focus but I'm going to try it out at least for this month.  BTW, that Whatever slot may get changed to the Aram sweater in case i want to try for NaKniSweMo still but since its already 10 days into the month and I don't see myself having to time to even attempt to cast on the sweater until the weekend, this may not happen.  I may just stick to my original goal of at least casting on the sweater this month.  Speaking of which, here's an update on my goals:

1) Spin up 1 skein of yarn (Gift) - finished one bobbin and about half way through on the second bobbin
2) Finish the granny squares blanket - FINISHED!!!!!
3) Finish OFA Scarf  - working
4) Finish the Edging Setup chart on Aeolian Shawl

Bonus Goals:
1) Start the Aran Sweater
2) Finish Cashmere Leaves Scarf - working
3) Finish 1 skein of the meriboo fiber

No comments: