Thursday, November 19, 2009

Last night's adventures

I gave Ruth the handspun and she absolutely loved it!  we were brainstorming ideas of what she could knit with it and I suggested a small triangular shawl…you know, like the kind I want to make when I end up plying that orange handspun (both bobbins are now full so only the plying remains).  So at some point I’ll be going over to her house so we can go on ravelry and find a pattern she likes.  

Winter brought some more of her handspun fresh off the niddy noddy and omg, she is turning into an amazing spinner!  Her third skein ever is so beautiful – even I can’t spin that well yet!  If she posts pics of it to her blog I’ll link it here so you can all admire the pretty!

The next thing I’m spinning is that beautiful chocolate brown alpaca blend I got from Rhinebeck.  As you can see, it is a floofy bag so spinning it up will free up a lot of space!





I also finished something yesterday with Ruth’s help:


 



This scarf was supposed to be for the OFA charity but I love it so much that I decided to keep it for myself.  I cast on another scarf last night using some more rejects from their originally intended projects but after knitting about 4 inches, I fell in love with that one too! ::sigh:: so I had to put that one aside as well and will finish it later when I have more time.  


 



I started a second scarf last night and this one I’m determined not to like!  Though I may have to rip out the 1.5 inches I accomplished last night to switch to a bigger needle.  I’m very happy for all the stashbusting happening though!





Lastly, I bought Heather dinner last night so she would sew in ends on all the washcloths for me! Yay!  So now I’ve got a large stack of squares ready to go.  WOOT!  Thank you Heather!

No comments: