Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Spinning Tuesday

The Yarn Harlot, an absolutely hilarious woman and quite a celebrity in our knitting world, has Tuesday's set aside for spinning only.  I thought this was a great idea - having 1 specific day for just one craft, especially since my spinning often gets ignored for several weeks at a time.  I've been thinking about implementing this rule but never actually got around to it.  By coincidence though, I ended up ignoring the blanket yesterday (Tuesday) and spinning, spinning, spinning!  I finished an entire bobbin-full which is about half of the roving.  I'll see if i want to start the second half of the roving today or wait until another day (like next Tuesday).

Here's the finished bobbin:




And here's a picture of the blanket as it currently stands:




It is wonderfully warm and comforting despite having all the holes in it.  I was surprised by this but am glad because I love this blanket already!

No comments: