Friday, November 20, 2009

Plying on the wheel

I finally got the plying head installed on my wheel and it actually quite easy!  I was worried for no reason.  And the plying went so fast!  The only thing is, I put the drive band on the largest whorl (non-spinners: that means the lowest speed) so I don’t think the yarn has enough ply twist in it.  I may have to run it though again.  I’ll wind it onto the niddy noddy first though and see how it came out.  I’m definitely glad I did it though because plying a 4 oz roving took an hour instead of a whole day.


 



The skein itself is very beautiful!

As I mentioned in my last post, I’m going to start spinning the chocolate brown floof next and I’m thinking because of the quantity I have (6 oz) that I may split it into 3 bobbins and do a 3 ply.  My only concern is, what do you do when you run out of yarn on 1 bobbin in a 3 ply that isn’t Navajo plying.  Maybe I should Navajo ply.  Hmmm…must email the spinning genius…that Winter!

No comments: