Sunday, November 1, 2009

NaKniSweMo?

Inspired by the NaNoWriMo, the knitting community has created the NaKniSweMo KAL - National Knit a Sweater Month.  I found the group this morning while just browsing on Ravelry as an attempt to wake up.  Since today is the first of the month, I would be playing catch up but it would be a good way to get some work done on that Aran sweater that has been hanging over me forever!  I haven't decided yet because I definitely want to get the blanket finished this month and the OFA scarf needs to be finished this month so it can be mailed out in time.  Perhaps I will consider at least starting the sweater this month and if the blanket gets finished in enough time then I'll aim for attempting to finish the sweater.

If I recall correctly, the other sweater I knit up took a long time because I put it aside for several weeks but the actual knitting didn't take as long - I had a full long weekend of nothing but sweater knitting and I remember getting about 60% of it done in that time.  I've got the trip to Key West this month so that's a lot of plane and car ride knitting time.  I'll also have the Thanksgiving break (after the Key West trip) for much knitting time since I don't celebrate the holiday and Jenna is probably not going to be around to do a dinner.  Even as i'm typing, this project seems more and more likely as doable in November.  I will continue working vigorously on the blanket but start swatching and such for the sweater and it won't be like casting on a new project since I already consider the sweater to be a current WIP.

No comments: