Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Projects Update

I sewed two more strips on the blanket yesterday so now it is an 8x8 giant square.  I laid it out on the bed and it was just 2 strips short lengthwise.  Ruth and I estimated it perfectly!  She was so sweet last night saying that she'd only done a little bit of work on it and it was really my blanket but I know that isn't true.  She did so many squares and at least 3 strips and showed me how to do the squares and the seams in the first place!  I am definitely giving her at least one skein of my handspun - the blue and brown one, as soon as it is finished.  i'm sure i'll be giving her more yarns as soon as they are spun up but I also have to spin more yarn for Jenna.

Speaking of which, i've already got the two skeins of yarn spun up for Jenna and I thought instead of spinning more yarn for her, I may give her cash for her to buy yarn at the Smiley's yarn sale.  I just wish they did gift cards because giving cash seems a bit tacky. 

I haven't started my NaKniSweMo sweater yet - I've decided not to start it until I've either finished the blanket or have run out of yarn and am waiting for more to be delivered.  The blanket is taking top priority. It seems that my tolerance for seaming is about 2 strips a day so since i only have 2 strips left, I will probably be starting the edging tonight.  YAY!!!

No comments: