Sunday, November 29, 2009

An electric spinner?

When I was researching wheels, I looked at electric spinners too but eventually decided to go with a regular treadle wheel instead.  I'm glad to have made this decision because what I learned about spinning from my wheel is invaluable.  But now that I've been spinning for a while and have found that I can spin for extended periods of time, I am starting to feel the need for an electric spinner.  One of the greatest hindrances I am finding is that while I can spin for a while without my hands getting tired, I cannot treadle for very long periods of time.  I think an e-spinner is the perfect choice.

Now the decision I need to make is do I count down to 25 projects and then order the e-spinner (as a replacement to the Pleo) or do I order it now so it will help me spin up my stash faster.  Thanks to the money I put aside for the laptop I've decided not to get, I do have the funds.

This is the spinner I am thinking of getting:
Hansen Crafts

2 comments:

Ani said...

I'm not a spinner so I don't know, but wouldn't using an electronic spinner take away from the experience of spinning?

SpongebobTanu said...

The only thing the electronic spinner eliminates is the treadling. you still have to do all the work with the fiber yourself.

I'm sure i'll be videoing it when i get it so you can see it! :)