Monday, December 7, 2009

Yak blend spun

I finished spinning the Yak blend fiber:


 
 

I'm not sure if I mentioned this on the blog before or not but this stuff spun up very badly - very uncooperative and lumpy.  it was the way the fiber was blended - i guess its my own fault for buying an "as is" bag of fiber.  the stuff is incredibly soft, don't get me wrong, but not easy to work with.  Either way, it is a finished 3 ply yarn and I got about 340 yards of it.  I'm thinking of making a hat for sure and then i'll decide what to do with the rest.

I also finished my Handmade With Love Especially For You scarf:



The picture did not come out well at all.  the red is a far more pleasant red and the green is a darker green - it looks more Christmas-ish in  life than the neon in the picture.  Will be mailing it out tomorrow.

No comments: