Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Binned

I’ve been working on the Peaks Island Hood and nothing else for the past few days.  I’m almost done too!  I’ve finished the long length of the scarf and the entire hood and have started the short length of the scarf and am on my last ball of yarn.  I have a feeling I may run out of yarn before the end so I’m going to knit and knit and knit on it today and see which one I finish first – the yarn or the pattern.  The shop is open today and early on Thursday so I can always run out tomorrow if I do run out of yarn first.  

I also organized the stash – took all of it out of my living/thinking space and put it in storage upstairs.  I have only one bin of yarn that I want to work on next and all my WIPs (which attacked me from every corner when I was organizing) in a space that is visible to me.  This has made life so much easier – no only is everything very decluttered but I find that I can knit far more easily now.  It seems weird I know but I think what was happening is when I could see all the yarn I have all the time, I was starting to build up guilt over it and it would actually make me not want to knit.  Now that I have one small bin of yarn and some WIPs, I can just focus one or two projects and a time and get them done.  It is even more relaxing as a hobby now. 

[Pictures of bin pending]

No comments: