Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Resolutions

I posted a draft of my 2010 resolutions on ravelry and here's what i said.  I'll be working on this and figuring out what's best:

Crafting related:
1) Use up 14 of the 18 items purchased at Rhinebeck
2) Limit purchasing of yarn or fiber to 1-2 items per month if at all
3) Spin up 2 of the 4 bags of sweater quantities of fiber
4) Knit 10 pairs of socks
5) Knit 2 sweaters
6) Knit up 100 balls of yarn

Other stuff:
1) Continue to exercise 6-7 hours a week
2) Continue vegetarian diet
3) Declutter/organize at least once a week


Another thing i read on ravelry is a Ten for 10 plan which basically encourages you to list 10 new things you would like to try in 2010.  I thought this was a very clever idea so here's an initial list for that as well:

1) Do colorwork
2) Knit an afterthought heel
3) Make thrummed mittens
4) Block something (most likely the Aeolian when it gets done)
5) Felt something
6) Entrelac?
7) Steek something
8) Try a new sock construction (probably a Cat Bordhi pattern...HatHeel?)
9)
10)

I can't think of 2 more right now.  that's a lot to do in 1 year regardless!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Good luck! I just posted that I want to do 12 sweaters in this coming year, and 9 of those are from pre-existing stash that I want gone.

PS- I have a really cute picture of you and Dawn on my blog under one of the Rhinebeck posts.