Monday, December 28, 2009

January Goals

Fewer goals for this month:
  1. Finish Grandma's blanket
  2. Finish spinning and plying wool/silk blend
  3. Finish Damson
  4. Spin sample of Yak
  5. Finish 2 Squares for Basketweave Blanket
The first goal absolutely has to be done and in the next two weeks as my parents are hand-delivering the blanket to my grandma in India.

The wool/silk blend is from Rhinebeck purchases of 2008 so its about time it gets spun up.  Its two 4oz rovings of this dusty rose color roving so I probably won't keep it for myself.  Or I may knit it into a gift for someone.

The Damson is being knit out of Malabrigo Sock in the Persia colorway - absolutely gorgeous!  This will be the first shawl I knit for myself so am very excited to finish it and wear it.

The Yak fiber is for a sweater but I have to spin up a couple of sample yarns to decide what I like best.  I've never spun for such a large project.

On a completely unrelated note, I watched Avatar yesterday.  Amazing movie!  Such wonderful imagination on the part of the creators.  What was most amazing to me was the absolutely stunning use of colors; there were so many shots where I could have just freeze-framed and if possible, copied down the colors into yarns...ooo I want to go see the movie again already! LOL.

No comments: