Friday, December 4, 2009

100 Balls Knit up in 2009!

I did it!  I knit up 100 balls of yarn in 2009.  Remember, when I started this challenge last November because I thought I'd need to cheat in order to make it to 100?  Well, turns out I didn't; I finished knitting my 100th ball of 2009 last night!  YAY!  I'm definitely doing this again next year. 

Looking back at how I did with the challenge, I have to admit, knitting with 2 or more strands is clearly the key to success here!  Not only does it use up stash faster and create a thicker fabric faster, it also creates absolutely beautiful colors and fabrics that are indeed quite a surprise! 


  


Also, I remember not knitting much at all for about 3 or more months during the spring and summer - I'm sure if I had knit during that time, I'd have reached the 100 balls goal even faster!  I'm debating whether or not to up my goal from 100 to 120 or 150.  I am planning on doing more lace knitting next year and that certainly takes much longer than knitting with worsted weight or something else.so.maybe I should stick to 100 for now. 

Something else I noticed last night as I pulled out the Malabrigo worsted from it's bin: I don't have to force down the lid of that bin to close it anymore.  In fact, I see open space at the top of the bin! I'm getting there, folks!  I'm getting there!

No comments: