Sunday, June 22, 2008

Leaf Afghan started

I started the leaf afghan. The pattern calls for 5 wide stripes so I got a long circular and am knitting all 5 at once. Surprisingly, it is still knitting up very fast which is such a nice break from lace and fingering yarn. The only problem with this method is I've got 5 balls of yarn connected to my needles and creating quite a tangle.


The other thing to keep in mind is all the stripes look the same so how am I going to determine which is the left and right needle if I put the work down. Well, this requires some deligence - see the Red and yeLlow booties I've got attached to the needles - that is for Right and Left.

I was looking at some of the other patterns by Ann and noticed a really beautiful blanket called The Boys Afghan which is just gorgeous. That may be the next long project I do...although the Moderne Log Cabin blanket from Mason-Dixon Knitting calls out to me as well.

No comments: