Saturday, June 7, 2008

Goddess Mystery Shawl Knit Along

Talk about firsts! This is my first lace, shawl, bead project and knit along. I'm very excited as the group seems great. I've created the test swatch which was relatively simple and I love the yarn I'm using - Baby Alpaca Lace by Plymouth Yarn.




As you can see, I'm playing around with the beads in the pattern. I don't like the two beads in the pattern at the bottom two motifs but I really like the 3 beads in the top two motifs. The picture does not do justice to the colors of the beads or even the yarn. The yarn is a very soft pastel pink and the beads are purple (left) and pink (right). The pink is very close to the color of the yarn itself. I'm still deciding which color to use. Perhaps I will use both colors and alternate between motifs but that will depend on what the final pattern looks like.

For now, I'm just twiddling my fingers until June 14th when the first clue is published.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for your encouraging words. I have been playing with fibers, needles, and colors all year...just having fun. It has been enjoyable to see the colors unveil...like a puzzle or getting a surprise.

Look forward to seeing yours with beads?

javajan32 said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with me. It is nice to see what fun things your doings. See you in email. ;-)