Sunday, January 25, 2009

First Clapotis

I must be completely in love with Alpaca right now because this is the second project in a row i'm writing about that is knit in Alpaca.

I finished my Clapotis!! I'm so happy with this shawl. It looks beautiful and is warm and cuddly and just awesome! I'm totally in love with the pattern too. I've heard a few complaints that people have found this pattern a bit boring to knit...well, its no cables or lace or anything complicated but quite enjoyable. i loved getting to the row where i got to drop the stitches and unravel them all the way down. I am definitely planning on making this one again.


5 comments:

Donna said...

Very pretty! I haven't made one yet. How much of the Ultra Alpaca Light did it use?

SpongebobTanu said...

I didn't use the Ultra Alpaca Light - i used some handspun alpaca that i purchased at a yarn festival but i think it was also sport weight so you might be able to use the Ultra Alpaca. Mine ate up 600 yards of it with size 5 needles.

Karin said...

Yay for you and the alpaca! That shawl must be sooo nice and warm...

Anonymous said...

i like ultra alpaca, too. i made the february lady sweater using it. it's such nice wool.....

http://ninapomeroy.com said...

It looks beautiful! I'm on my second clapotis now and I agree - very boring..why I decided to do a second one I have no idea.
http://twosicilianchicks.com