Friday, November 21, 2008

100 Skeins Challenge

One of the suggested challenges on the Stash Knitdown 2009 group was to knit 100 skeins in 2009. It doesn't matter what weight or yardage of the skeins, just do 100 in the year. Of course, this means you have to average 1 ball of yarn per 3.5 days! A daunting task indeed! I'm cheating and starting early - the diamond lace sock yarn skeins take the first 2 spots in this countdown of mine. WOOT!

Most of my sock yarn is in 1 skein so i'll get at least 12 skeins done from socks alone. I'm double knitting that DK weight alpaca for the hat, scarf and gloves so that will also expedite my coundown. I'm also counting spinning a roving into yarn as 1 skein used. Then when the handspun yarn is used, that counts as another skein (or 2 if i made 2 skeins but my skeins will be of reasonable size).

No comments: