Saturday, August 2, 2008

First Socks!!

My first pair of socks are done! I am so happy with them. If anyone questions the reasons for knitting a pair of socks, let me just tell you - listen to the knitting gurus because they are right! Once you've donned a pair of hand knit socks, you will never want store bought socks again!

The heels and everything came out perfect. I make the leg part a little short because I always scrunch my socks down to the ankles anyway. So I have more scrap yarn left over than anticipated. Also, since I hadn't bothered to practice Kitchener's stitch on a swatch, I did create a couple of holes but those were easy enough to fix. I was planning on knitting the next pair of socks for my dad and the pair after for my mom...but they are probably going to end up being for me. LOL. I do love the fabric from size 0 needles and don't mind spending the extra amount of time on the small needles for myself but maybe if I decide to knit for others, I'll do it on size 2 because they are faster to knit.





1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow! This is what you made for your FIRST pair of socks? I'm utterly speechless. They're so amazingly beautiful. I'm so glad you caught the sock bug. They really are such a delight to knit. I look forward to seeing many more socks in your future.